The mission of the College of Business is to offer programs of study to students that will prepare them for positions in business, 金融, or government; enhance the professional development of those already employed; and provide an academic framework for graduate study leading to professional positions.
Through its course offerings, the College of Business provides a high-quality education for all students, teaching them to think critically; to use technology efficiently; to be effective leaders, 决策者, and communicators; to maintain ethical standards; and to understand the global economy.
Students completing a degree program offered by the College of Business will possess the following skills and competencies:
- Knowledge of accounting, 金融, 管理, 管理 information systems, 全球业务, strategic 管理, 市场营销, and production theories and concepts.
- Knowledge of technology, as it relates to business.
- Knowledge of the global economy including an understanding of diversity.
- Knowledge of and ability to use effective managerial, leadership, and group interaction techniques.
- An ability to effectively use critical thinking and decision-making techniques.
- An ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing.
- An understanding of ethical issues and the importance of maintaining ethical standards.
Several specialized areas of study are available as minors in the Accounting, 管理, and 管理 of Technology majors (aviation 管理, 收购, and contract 管理, health care 管理, human resources 管理, information systems 管理, international business, 市场营销, small business/entrepreneurship).
In cooperation with the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business participates in interdisciplinary programs of study leading to the Bachelor of Science degree with majors in CIS and Health Science.